In 2008 China was the host country for the 1st edition of the Women's Forum Asia. From May 15th to 17th, this international platform welcomed exceptional women from the Asian region along with other international leaders. The Women's Forum Asia was a venue for debate and exchange on the theme of "Growth and Sustainability: How women are making a difference".
- Instigate a regional gathering to enable Asian women to share their experiences, learn from each other and interact
- Highlight the key role of these women in the economies and societies of Asia
- Stress the issues that are specific to this dynamic region
- Generate innovative, down-to-earth strategies for encouraging contributions from these women in society and for promoting diversity in the work place and society as a whole.
- Three days format event held in Pudong Shangri La Hotel
- 600 top-drawer participants from the worlds of business, politics, culture and academia, opinion leaders
- 80 acclaimed speakers
- An international Forum composed 50% of Chinese and 50% of other nationalities
Disover and learn at the Women’s Forum Asia 2008
- The Discovery programme: "off" programme of the Women's Forum Asia, composed of a series of workshops and ground-breaking discussions with world-renowned artists, writers, scientists and experts
- The French Delegation: 30 French women as ambassadors of the economic, social and political world in France
- The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards: an international entrepreneurship competition for women created by Cartier and the Women’s Forum in partnership with McKinsey and INSEAD business school.
- The Rising Talents: a programme aiming to create every year an international network of 25 talented women between 25 and 35 years old, to identify the talents of tomorrow.