Silicon Valley’s talents
A digital-focused visit to the ‘innovation ecosystem’
of Paris and the Ile-de-France Region.
WOMEN’S FORUM GLOBAL MEETING 2017
Daring to lead in a disrupted world
Paris, 4 October 2017 – Daring to lead.
This year the Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society looked to engage with top talent from Silicon Valley in California – a source of inspiration and innovation in a disrupted world.
The Silicon Valley Delegation will be led by Nathalie Doré, Chief Digital and Acceleration Officer for BNP Paribas Cardif and Clara Terrien, Innovation Ecosystem Manager at Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi in Silicon Valley, and will make a grand tour of the digital hubs of Paris and the Ile-de-France Region.
Among these sites is the first innovation platform for women entrepreneurs, Paris Pionnière. Founded in 2005, this business accelerator has helped increase the number of women in the Paris start-up ecosystem, with a total of 350 start-ups launched, 1,000 jobs created, and 30 million euros invested. Also planned is a visit to NUMA, a worldwide innovation network based in Paris but operating in eight countries (the United States, Russia, Germany, France, Spain, India, Mexico and Morocco). Finally, they will see la Station F, the largest incubator in the world with 200 start-ups from 50 different countries, of which 40% are founded by women. Led by American businesswoman Roxanne Varza, this exceptional innovation location in France brings together well-known global digital partners like Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon.
“Organised with the support of the Ile-de-France Region, this business tour allows for stimulating exchange among innovators from Silicon Valley and from our region,” said Chiara Corazza, managing director of the Women’s Forum.
The delegation is composed of distinguished guests such as:
- Erwin Boer, Research Scientist at NAUTO, Inc., President of Entropy Control, Inc., and Associate Professor of Cognitive Robotics at Delft University of Technology
- Lisa Cefkin, Principal Scientist, Design Anthropologist at Nissan Research Center - Silicon Valley
- Eve Chauran, Legal Consultant at Udemy
- Aurélie de Cormeille, Finance Manager at Bank of the West
- Nathalie Doré, Chief Digital and Acceleration Officer at BNP Paribas Cardif
- Alix Marie, Customer Success Manager at Never Eat Alone
- Corinne Marsolier, Board membership, Chief Digital Officer, Innovation, Digital Transformation, Start-Ups, Healthcare IT, Angel Investor
- Isabelle Nave, PMO Director at Starbreeze Studios
- Alessandro Promutico, CEO at L'Atelier BNP Paribas North America
- Marie Schneegans, Founder & CEO at Never Eat Alone
- Julie Shapiro, Director of Business Development Custom Programs for Western Europe and Brazil at UC Berkeley Executive Education
- Clara Terrien, Innovation Ecosystem Manager at Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi in Silicon Valley