This 12th edition of our annual flagship event features top-tier speakers, far-ranging debates, outstanding networking opportunities – prepare for three inspiring and productive days in Deauville, France!
This year's Global Meetiing builds on the question “Is the sharing economy a sharing world?” We will consider the implications of the sharing economy mega-trend for traditional businesses and international corporations. What will be the impact on international policies, workforce, innovation, ethics, entrepreneurship, urbanism, international business, climate change…? Are we using this trend to make sure we live in a sharing world, or to increase inequalities? We will examine how we work and how we consume.
What's new this month?
- More than 50 speakers are now confirmed
- The Discovery will host two new Hubs: the Finance Hub and the Women in Sports Hub
- Even more networking opportunities, with dedicated 30-minute slots in the program for making new connections
- Women’s Forum Happenings, interactively designed meetings, peer-to-peer and expert-led workshops, and special events aimed at ensuring that delegates make the most of their time at the Women's Forum Global Meeting.
Take a sneak peek at the topics that will be discussed at the Women's Forum Global Meeting 2016:
- Is the sharing economy moving us towards a new socio-economic system, as its proponents claim, or is this simply intermediation?
- Gen Y has embraced collaborative consumption in a big way: Why is this? Is this younger generation truly more primed for the sharing economy than their predecssors were?
- How are “traditional economy” companies, those based on ownership and on rentals as a BtoP venture, responding to this new competition?
- Enabling women to be business creators
- Making finance truly inclusive
Newly confirmed speakers include:
- Norma Bastidas, Ultra-marathon champion and human trafficking activist
- Elisabeth Borne, President and CEO, RATP
- Arancha Gonzalez, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
- Babou Olengha-Aaby, Founder and CEO, The Next Billion
- Anne Ravanona, Founder and CEO, Global Invest Her
- Stéphane Richard, CEO, Orange
Already Confirmed speakers include:
- Melody Hossaini, Founder & Director, InspirEngage Ltd
- Pacita Juan, Founder & President, Echostore Sustainable Lifestyle and President Women’s Business Council of the Philippines, Member of the Philippines Delegation
- Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Monique F. Leroux, President of the International Co-operative Alliance and Chair of the High Level Contact Group of the European Association of Co-operative Banks, Member of the Canada Delegation
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-Founder, Indiegogo
- Jostein Solheim, CEO, Ben & Jerry’s