THE WOMEN’S FORUM ANNOUNCES THE 2020 OUTSTANDING “RISING TALENTS”
The Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society, in collaboration with Lazard and Spencer Stuart is pleased to announce the 2020 nominations of outstanding young female leaders of the Rising Talents Initiative.
The thirteen women nominated represent eleven countries and diverse sectors including education, engineering, climate change, energy, science and aerospace.
They will represent the vision of rising generations at the Women’s Forum Global Meeting and will participate in global dialogues on the theme “Beyond Recovery: designing an inclusive world”. Their stories – such as fighting for education end economic development in Africa, creating positive impact in Colombia, restoring the health of ocean, innovating in health care – can inspire women and men around the world to make a difference.
Chiara Corazza, Managing Director of the Women’s Forum, says “In these challenging times, the Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society more than ever wishes to promote young talents who will play a key role in designing a more inclusive world. Our outstanding Rising Talents will not only have a positive impact on our economy and society, but also give back to the community as a whole. Therefore, I am delighted to announce the new class of 2020 Rising Talents who were selected from more than 300 candidates. I am certain they will, alongside with the Women’s Forum, engage for impact, dare, share and care.”
Kenneth Jacobs, Chairman and CEO of Lazard, says “2020 has shown us that much remains to be done to achieve full equality of rights and opportunities between men and women. This is why Lazard is proud to support the Rising Talents program for the third consecutive year, honoring young women who embody the qualities of empowerment, feminist solidarity and innovation to achieve changes that truly transform our societies. We are committed to providing women around the world with equal opportunities in access to employment, leadership and decision-making positions at all levels.”
Angeles Garcia Poveda, Spencer Stuart partner and board member, says “The world is facing unprecedented challenges, and in order to build tomorrow’s reality we need, more than ever, impactful leaders who dare to challenge the old ways. This slate of outstanding female leaders will play a key role in the years ahead. The 2020 Rising Talents are a highly diverse group of individuals, each with distinctive achievements to their name. They demonstrate the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamic leadership abilities that women around the world bring to so many different walks of life. It is a privilege to support them in achieving further visibility and impact through this partnership.”
The 2020 Rising Talents will also become members of the Rising Talents network, which comprises more than 260 women around the world and is an integral part of the global Women’s Forum community. The Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society would like to express its warmest congratulations to the Rising Talents and we look forward to welcoming them to the first virtual edition of the Women’s Forum Global Meeting, 17-18-19 November 2020.
The outstanding 2020 Rising Talents are:
– Layal Ammar -Vice President Haircare Europe, Procter & Gamble, Lebanese
– Camille Bonenfant-Jeanneney – CEO, Compagnie parisienne du Chauffage urbain (CPCU), French
– Catharine Bowman – Vice-President, Alberta Lymphedema Association, Canadian
– Camila Escobar – CEO, Procafecol (Juan Valdez Café), Colombian
– Daniela Fernandez – Founder & CEO, Sustainable Ocean Alliance, Ecuatorian
– Richa Gupta – Co-founder & Chief Programme Officer, Labhya Foundation, Indian
– Fatoumata Kebe – Astronomer, Association Ephémérides, French
– Guila Clara Kessous – Artist for Peace, Unesco, American & French
– Lesego Mokae – Managing Director, LFA Mining and Automotives, South African
– Nthabiseng Mosia – Co-founder & Chief Commercial Officer, Easy Solar, South African & Ghanaian
– Mariarosaria Taddeo – Senior Researcher Fellow and Deputy Director of the Digital Ethics Lab, University of Oxford, Italian
– Eve Tamraz Najjar – Co-founder & Chief Scientist, WLAB LTD, French
– Atti Worku – Founder, Seeds of Africa, Ethiopian
Please click for their bios and press release