WOMEN’S FORUM CALL TO ACTION TO G7 LEADERS
Gender equality is critical to building an inclusive, sustainable and thriving world.
We call on G7 Leaders to mainstream a gender perspective in their decisions and actions, in order to achieve the objectives of Germany’s G7 Presidency.
We call on G7 Leaders to:
- Collect gender-disaggregated data to inform their analysis and resolutions
- Develop far-reaching policies to foster women’s empowerment and overcome systemic gender bias and stereotypes
- Ensure diverse representation within decision-making bodies, across all sectors
- Recognise and combat all forms of sexual and gender-based violence
We call on G7 Leaders to consider women as a heterogenous and diversified group, with different lived experiences; to recognise the complex realities of women facing intersecting forms of discrimination on the basis of origin, race, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity, status, age, religion, and all other forms of discrimination.
We call on G7 Leaders to raise women’s voices, to create change.
Women’s Forum Recommendations
Strengthening Inclusive Climate Action
- MAINSTREAM A GENDER PERSPECTIVE IN CLIMATE ACTION FROM MITIGATION TO ADAPTATION POLICIES
- To address women’s increased vulnerability to climate change and empower women in climate action
Breaking the Gender Bias
- STRENGTHEN PARENTAL LEAVE POLICIES
- To mitigate the effects of gender imbalances in care responsibilities
Fostering Healthy Lives for All
- DESIGN TRULY INCLUSIVE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS
- To remove gender inequalities in the health sector and foster shared responsibilities in the care economy
Promoting Equal Representation in the Jobs of the Future
- BUILD TAILORED RESKILLING AND UP-SKILLING PROGRAMMES
- To equip women with STEM skills and facilitate their participation in the jobs of the future
Designing Feminist Diplomacy for Peace
- ENSURE 100% OF DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE IS ALLOCATED TO FOSTER GENDER EQUALITY
- To implement gender-responsive foreign policy and diplomacy
Discover the Press Release: