10 recommendations to raise women's voices to create change.
Gender equality is critical to building an inclusive, sustainable and thriving world.
We call on G7 Leaders to mainstream a gender perspective in their decisions and actions, in order to achieve the objectives of Germany’s G7 Presidency.
We call on G7 Leaders to:
- Collect gender-disaggregated data to inform their analysis and resolutions
- Develop far-reaching policies to foster women’s empowerment and overcome systemic gender bias and stereotypes
- Ensure diverse representation within decision-making bodies, across all sectors
- Recognise and combat all forms of sexual and gender-based violence
We call on G7 Leaders to consider women as a heterogenous and diversified group, with different lived experiences; to recognise the complex realities of women facing intersecting forms of discrimination on the basis of origin, race, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity, status, age, religion, and all other forms of discrimination.
We call on G7 Leaders to raise women’s voices, to create change.
Women’s Forum Recommendations
Strengthening Inclusive Climate Action
- MAINSTREAM A GENDER PERSPECTIVE IN CLIMATE ACTION FROM MITIGATION TO ADAPTATION POLICIES
- To address women’s increased vulnerability to climate change and empower women in climate action
Breaking the Gender Bias
- STRENGTHEN PARENTAL LEAVE POLICIES
- To mitigate the effects of gender imbalances in care responsibilities
Fostering Healthy Lives for All
- DESIGN TRULY INCLUSIVE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS
- To remove gender inequalities in the health sector and foster shared responsibilities in the care economy
Promoting Equal Representation in the Jobs of the Future
- BUILD TAILORED RESKILLING AND UP-SKILLING PROGRAMMES
- To equip women with STEM skills and facilitate their participation in the jobs of the future
Designing Feminist Diplomacy for Peace
- ENSURE 100% OF DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE IS ALLOCATED TO FOSTER GENDER EQUALITY
- To implement gender-responsive foreign policy and diplomacy
Discover the Press Release:
A Call to Action to the G20 Leaders
On the occasion of the G7 Summit 2021 under the UK presidency, the Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society calls on the G7 Leaders, to lead by example and collectively foster women’s leadership so that they can have the same opportunities as men to be at the heart of the world of tomorrow. Discover our 7 key recommendations and related action plans!
The Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society Call to Action to the G7 Leaders will help achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals and is aligned with the one presented by UN Women, along with the European Commission and the International Labour Organization, which also addresses the G7 to recommend strategic initiatives for COVID-19 response and recovery.
"Our world is facing a complex transformation: most practices and professions are being invented and reinvented each day. Everything is changing very quickly and if we are not attentive, the risk is to let men shape our world alone, as done in the past."
Women’s Forum launched a Charter of 5 Strong Commitments at the Women’s Forum – A Call to G20 in Kyoto, attended by some 50 leaders and experts, and signed by the companies that are facilitating the “Daring Circle Women & Climate” working group, BNP Paribas and L’Oréal as well as Engie
We call on G7 nations to focus their efforts on the following policy areas, drawing from the insights of female leaders from around the world to inform their priorities, initiatives, and agendas for empowering women.