The Women’s Forum websites provide information on its initiatives, members, publications, as well as events and conferences. This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and protect any information we collect through this website.
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice“) and this Cookie Notice (the “Cookie Notice”) are intended to provide you with information about how WEFCOS uses and protects your personal data (the “Personal Data”) collected through the Websites https://www.womens-forum.com/ and https://events.womens-forum.com/women-s-forum-global-meeting-20 (the “Websites”).
If you have any questions about the collection of your data please contact WEFCO’s Chief Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any Personal Data collected through the Websites will only be used to answer to your queries, manage your user accounts and provide you with related services, manage your applications, send you messages about our activities, update our files and analyze the traffic on the Websites. Once collected, Personal Data will not be used for a different incompatible purpose without your consent.
WEFCOS, 30/34, rue du Chemin Vert, 75001 – PARIS, registered with the Paris Business and Companies’ Registry no. 481 681 823, is considered as the Controller of these Websites.
We take the protection of data privacy very seriously. All Personal Data collected through the Websites will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used as set out in this Privacy Notice. The applicable data protection laws shall be respected in full.
Therefore, please read this Privacy Notice thoroughly. If you disagree with the way Personal Data will be used, please do not use these Websites or provide your Personal Data through the Websites.
We may include links on the Websites to other websites including social media platforms. This Privacy Notice only covers how we use Personal Data and does not cover these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notices available on other websites you visit.
I. Purpose(s) of data collection
The purposes of collecting Personal Data through the Websites are to:
- Answer promptly and efficiently to your queries received via the contact email address provided on our Websites and/or via the forms on our Websites;
- Manage your job applications and, where applicable, build up a CV database;
- Manage your user account (allowing you to register, unsubscribe, manage access and update your profile, etc.) and provide you with related services;
- Manage your registrations for the events we organize;
- Manage the organization of the events to which you have registered, in particular to communicate any useful information to you with respect to such event,
- Maintain our database of current and potential members, and according to your choices, send you direct marketing communications, such as information about WEFCOS, invitations to new events or conferences, as well as messages to encourage you to develop your professional network;
- To send you documentation that you may request;
- Publish information about you on our Websites (profile on our yearbooks, articles about a member, videos presenting different members, attendance to conferences, etc.);
- Establish statistics on the Website’s frequentation in order to improve its functioning and its services;
- Carry out the Website’s maintenance and preserve the Website’s security. However, please note that we use Statistical Data as far as possible;
- Answer your requests submitted via social media, and know you better ;
- Enable you to access the site and its functionalities, and/or provide services you requested through cookies and other trackers;
- Process and respond to your requests to exercise your rights under Section V of this Notice.
In addition, individuals who check the box provided in the contact and registration forms will receive regular news, offers and content from Women’s Forum.
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from WEFCOS, you may at any time:
- Unsubscribe by clicking on the link in each message you receive;
- Use the link dedicated to the exercise of your rights in section V below.
II. What Personal Data do we collect and process?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual).
We collect the following Personal Data through the Websites:
- Your Personal Information
We collect certain personal details such as your first name, name, the name of the company you work for, its address and your position, as well as your country of residence and email address.
We can also collect your phone number if you provide us in the body of your message and/or request.
2. The content of the messages and/or queries you send us including, where applicable, information regarding your professional career and education if you apply for an open job position.
3. Information about your activities within the Women’s Forum;
4. Information about your academic and professional background, as well as your initiatives;
5. Information on browsing
We additionally collect, through cookies and other trackers, limited Personal Data connected with your use of the Websites i.e. IP address, browser type, OS, websites you visit before and after our Websites. For more information in this respect, please refer to the Notice on Cookies, Social Media and other Tracking Technologies below.
6. When you navigate on our Websites we may collect information related to your navigation, the frequentation of the Website’s pages, as described in the Cookie Notice below.
III. What legal ground(s) do we rely on?
The processing of Personal Data collected on the Websites is based on:
- the performance of pre-contractual measures, when we process your private messages sent by email when this request is of a business nature (request relating to our services or offers);
- the execution of the contract, when we process your data to make your user account available to you, and to provide you with the associated services, including sending you the documentation that you have requested;
- the execution of the contract, when we use your data to manage your registrations to the events we organize, but also their good progress, in particular to communicate you any useful information in this context;
- your consent, when we send you direct marketing communications /our legitimate interests when we send your direct marketing communications about our new events and conferences and other similar services in accordance with the guidelines of the French Data Protection Authority (newsletters, emails concerning new services and offers) ;
- the execution of the contract, when we publish information about you on our Websites;
- our legitimate interest, when we process your job applications, and store your CV and motivation letter in our CV database, in order to identify in the future a matching open job position;
- our legitimate interest, when we process your data in the context of maintenance and the implementation of measures to protect the security of the Websites;
- our legitimate interest, when we (i) process your data collected via social media in order to better know our subscribers and understand the general public’s reaction regarding our products and services, (ii) conduct social listening to identify and evaluate what is being said publicly about us on social media in order to understand industry trends and market feeling;;
- your consent, when we draw up statistics on the frequentation of our Websites by collecting data through cookies;
- the performance of pre-contractual measures, when we place functional cookies and/or technical cookies;
- our legal obligation, when processing your requests to exercise your rights listed under Section V of this Notice.
You can send us a request in order to obtain additional information on the balancing tests we have performed to ensure we were able to process your personal data basing ourselves on the legitimate interest.
The fields marked with an asterisk on the forms are required in order for us to process and respond to your request. If you do not provide this Personal Data, WEFCOS will not be able to process and respond to your request.
IV. With whom do we share Personal Data?
Where appropriate and justified, your Personal Data may be shared with entities of the Publicis Groupe and its affiliates in France/in the EU/globally.
Should you wish to exercise your rights listed under Section V of this Notice, the collection of your request will be performed via the form provided by our partner TrustArc, acting on our instructions and behalf as a data processor under EU regulation 2016/679 on the processing of personal data (“GDPR”). Once your request is sent to the WEFCOS, TrustArc shall immediately delete it from its servers and other IT tools.
We will not share your Personal Data with any third party, except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Data can be shared:
- In the context of a merge, acquisition or sale of all or part of the agency’s assets, to successors in title to our business,
- to establish, exercise or defend our rights,
- or where required by law, to respond to requests from legal or administrative organizations, government organizations or a judge.
If the services of third parties for technical maintenance, administration or processing of the Personal Data are necessary, these third parties will only have access to the Personal Data insofar it is necessary to ensure a smooth and secure technical processing of our Websites, and softwares In every case, such access to your Personal Data will only be made in accordance with the applicable law, including Data confidentiality, privacy and security obligations.
V. Your rights on your Personal Data
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you may exercise the following rights with respect to the Personal Data we hold about you:
- Right to information:
You have the right to obtain clear, transparent, understandable and easily accessible information regarding how we use your Personal Data and regarding your rights. This is why we provide you such information in this privacy notice;
- Right of access to your Personal Data
You can access all Personal Data we hold about you, know the origin of this Personal Data and obtain a copy in an understandable format.
You may also use your right to access your Personal Data to control the exactness of the data and have them rectified or deleted. You have no justification to provide to exercise your right to access;
- Right to rectify your Personal Data
In order to avoid that inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data relating to you is process or shared, you can ask us to rectify them;
- Right to the deletion of your Personal Data:
You may request the erasure or deletion of the Personal Data we hold on you. This is not an absolute right since we may have to keep your Personal Data for legal or legitimate reasons. You may, for example, exercise your right to deletion in the following cases:
- if you have withdrawn your consent to the
processing (see below);
- if you legitimately objected to the processing of your data (see below);
- when data is not or is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was initially collected or processed;
- the data is processed unlawfully (e.g., publishing hacked data);
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
When we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest (to determine to which processing this applies, please refer to Section III of this Notice), you may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your personal situation. We may nevertheless, on a case-by-case basis, reject such a request by pointing out the legitimate and imperious reasons justifying the processing of this data which prevail on your interests, rights and freedoms, or when this data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a right before a Court.
- Right to limit the processing of your Personal Data
The right to limit the processing completes your other rights. This right means that the data processing relating to you and that we are performing is limited, so that we may keep this data, but we cannot use it or process it in any other manner. This right applies in specific circumstances, i.e.:
- if you challenge the exactness of your
Personal Data. The processing is then limited for a period of time so that the
agency may verify the exactness of the Personal Data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of your Personal Data and request instead that its use be limited;
- if we do not need the Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above in Section I anymore, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend rights before a Court; and
- in the cases where you objected to the processing which is based on the legitimate interests of the agency, you may ask to limit the processing for the time necessary for us to verify if we can accept your objection request (i.e., the time necessary to verify whether the legitimate reasons of the agency prevail over yours).
- Right to object to data processing for direct marketing purpose
You may unsubscribe or object, at any time and without any justification, to the reception of direct marketing communications. Simply either (i) click on the link in the footer of the communications you receive from us; or (ii) use the hyperlink below.
- Right to portability of your Personal Data
You may request to retrieve the Personal Data you provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for personal use or to share them with a third party of your choice.
This right only applies to Personal Data you provided us with, directly or indirectly, and which was processed through automated means, if this processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract. Please check the list of our Personal Data processing activities’ legal grounds (in Section III of this Notice) to know whether our processing is based on the performance of a contract or on consent.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time to the processing of Data carried out on the basis of such consent
You may read Section III of this Notice in order to identify the purposes for which the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent;
- Right to give instructions on the fate of your Data after your death.
You may define directives on the storing, erasure and sharing of your Personal Data after your death. These directive may be general, i.e. cover all your Personal Data, or specific, i.e. only cover certain data processing activities.
Please click on this link https://submit-irm.trustarc.com/services/validation/88a6669b-6545-488c-bf0b-c08cbf2b2bcf and follow the instructions accessible via this link if you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above.
If we have reasonable doubts as to your identity, we may ask you to attach any document enabling proof of your identity, in order to avoid any risk of impersonation.
If we receive your request by electronic means, we will respond electronically unless you specify, in the comments field of the data subject rights form, that you wish to obtain a response via other means, such as by mail.
We will respond without undue delay and in any event within one month from the data we receive your request. This timeframe can be extended by two months to take the complexity of the request or the number of requests received into account. In this case, we will inform you within one month from receiving your request, specifying the reasons for extending the response timeframe.
If you feel that we are not complying with this Notice, if you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your request or if your request has been refused, you may also file a formal complaint with your competent authority for the protection of Personal Data (in France, the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et Liberté (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr). However, we invite you to contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com before filing a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
VI. Data retention periods
We store your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable legal requirements for data retention and our internal policies. The data retention will vary depending on the type of data and the purposes of processing.
Your data will generally be retained for the duration of our contractual and/or pre-contractual relationship. After which, your data will be archived for the duration of the applicable statute of limitations which, in France, is 5 years from the end of our contractual relationship or last contact with you.
With respect to data collected and processed in the context of your user account, we will erase it, as soon as you delete your account. If you have not used your account for more than three (3) years, we will delete your account and your data after notifying you and offering you the opportunity to object.
The Personal Data collected for direct marketing purposes is kept for a period of three (3) years from the last contact with WEFCOS.
Personal Data collected in the context of your job application to an open position are kept:
- For no longer than two (2) years from the last contact if your application was rejected, except if you specify that you do not wish us to keep your application after the end of the recruitment process; in which case your Personal Data will immediately be deleted;
- For the duration of your stay with WEFCOS if your job application is accepted.
VII. Data Security
We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of Personal Data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that the Websites or any Personal Data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the Websites or your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
VIII. Data Transfers
Given the international nature of our activities, your Personal Data are transferred outside the European Union.
Your Personal Data are transferred to the United States (for hosting and backup of our emails and data).
This country is not considered by the EU Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. We ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements by executing contractual agreements with appropriate contractual protections in compliance with article 46 of the GDPR.
Should you wish to know more about how data is protected or wish to request a copy of the contractual protections please contact email@example.com.]
IX. Notification of changes
WEFCOS may amend this Notice, to take into account evolutions of the Websites’ functionalities, the services offered as well as laws applicable to WEFCOS. These changes and updates apply to users, who must therefore regularly check this section and check the applicable Privacy Notice.
If you wish to save this text, please mark the entire statement (e.g. with your mouse) and copy-paste by pushing ctrl-c.
X. Further Information
For further information on Women’s Forum please visit our Websites : https://www.womens-forum.com/ and https://events.womens-forum.com/women-s-forum-global-meeting-20.
If you consider
that we are not complying with this Privacy Notice or if you have any questions
in relation to this Privacy Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice for cookies, social media, other trackers and social media plugins
Women’s Forum Websites (the “Website”) are edited by WEFCOS., 30/34, Rue du Chemin Vert, 75011 – PARIS, registered with the Paris Business and Companies’ Registry no. 481 681 823.
We will ensure the accuracy of this Cookie Notice by keeping it up-to-date. Any changes to this Cookie Notice will be promptly communicated on this page and you should check back to see whether any adjustments have been made.
If you follow us on social media (via our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube or Instagram accounts), we also collect personal data relating to you in order to better know our subscribers and understand the reaction of the general public regarding our products and services. We can use this information to o contact you / send you marketing information that we think you may find interesting. The Personal Data referred to above is only used in compliance with applicable laws (for example, if you ask us to contact you or if your prior express consent is necessary).
You will find on our Websites social media plugins (“social media buttons”) enabling you to easily share content of the Websites. When you click on these buttons, your Personal Data can be disclosed to these platforms. When you click on these buttons, a new page will appear on the relevant social media’s platform. If you are already logged into your account on this platform, you will probably be automatically logged into your account via this pop-up page, and will therefore not have to login once again. If, however, you are not logged in (or if you have not subscribed to the social media platform), the page will ask for your information.
We have no control over how these social media platforms use your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of the different social media platforms that you use.
To know more about how these social media platforms use your Personal Data:
If you have any questions about the collection of your Personal Data, please contact WEFCOS.’s Chief Data Privacy Officer on email@example.com.
1. What are cookies?
A “Cookie” is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive when browsing on a webpage, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile app. If you choose to accept Cookies, the file is added and the Cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website.
This data does not usually identify you directly, but the web application can provide you with a personalized web experience.
They are usually used for the well-functioning of the Websites and traffic analysis. In general, Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
2. Who places cookies?
Certain cookies of our Websites may be placed by partners listed below:
- Google LLC (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=fr-FR)
3. Which cookies are used?
strictly necessary for the functioning of the website: These Cookies
are essential to your browsing of the Website and its proper functioning. They
allow you to use the features of the Website and the services you have
requested. Cookies used :
- ai user :
- ai session :
- iwuid :
measurement cookies: These traffic log Cookies are used to
identify the pages you visited and to measure and track the performance of our
Websites. These Cookies help us to analyze web page traffic data and improve
our Websites to fit your needs. We only use this information for statistical
analysis purposes. Cookies used :
Different retention periods apply for the different types of cookies placed depending on whether they are session cookies (i.e. a cookie that is temporarily set on your Device which appears when you access the Websites and disappears when you close your web browser window) or persistent cookies (i.e. a cookie that will remain on your device for a certain period of time to allow us to remember your preferences for your next visits).
In any case, cookies will never be retained for more than 6 to 13 months on your device, depending on the type of cookie.
4. How you can manage cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline any and all cookies.
When browsing the Websites for the first time, you may click on the link “Parameter your cookies” displayed in the cookie banner in order to manage your Cookie preferences depending on the type of Cookies. You can change your Cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the link “Parameter your Cookies” .
We may occasionally change this Cookie Notice. Where necessary or required, we will inform you and/or request your consent. Please check it at each visit in order to read its latest version.
Last updated: 11 March 2021